Monday, June 20, 2011

1 Week In and Rockin' It Like a Pro! haha

So I know it’s only been like 5 days since I last posted, but I’m bored and feel like blogging…so here’s a random assortment of my thoughts/feelings, and the things that I’ve encountered since Wednesday! Lol Sorry I haven't really taken pics since I've been here, but I added a few this time!

Pic #1: Uggggh, this blog is going to be brutal!! Why yes I am wearing an Oklahoma Wrestling shirt! I love my boys! :)


Rando things about LA that I do not particularly like at the moment:
1.       JUNE GLOOM!! Ughhh…I moved out here because it’s supposed to always be sunny…you fail at life, June.
2.       Parking. Trying to find a parking spot in many parts of the city is like trying to find the perfect guy – hopeless and disappointing. Lol Once you actually find a spot, you either have to pay out the wazoo or if you’ve been blessed and find a free spot, you have to read the signs VERY carefully. If you do not meticulously read the fine print, LA parking officers will be more than happy to place a citation on your car that’s equivalent to the cost of your first unborn child. As another method of punishing illiterate citizens (in honor of the recent Saturday night “Cars 2” premiere), parking officials will call “Mator” to come and move your car for you. :) Thankfully I have not had to experience either….I’m praying the day never comes!
3.       Ok, so there are these super weird traffic lights here – they don’t  really look like they’re working, but they are I guess…I don’t really know. They’re directly after a main traffic light, and they just have this like green reflector thing instead of a light. As I’m typing I’ve discovered that they could possibly be like pedestrian lights and are triggered only by pedestrians…hmm, I should probably figure that out before I get back on the road again.
4.       Wal-Mart’s are as scarce as water in a desert. I haven’t found one yet. I’m forced to shop at Targhetto and these weird chains called Ralph’s and Trader Joe’s…pray for me. Hahaha ;)  j/k j/k But seriously, I’m tired of not seeing all of the common brands and chains like in AR and OK.  
Ok, enough ranting for the night! Now I’ll just inform you of the boring stuff I’ve been doing. ;) Soooo…the other day I literally bought the McD’s 50 piece chicken nugget combo…don’t judge…it was great advertising! Haha Now that I got that off my chest, let’s move on.

Pic #2: Ok,  this blog is literally taking forever...sowwwwyyyy!!

Thursday night I attended a Bible study with my new friend Skyler, and it was awesome!! I met so many new friends and it was great to just worship God with fellow believers. I’ll definitely be there again this coming Thursday night! On Friday I got super bored and decided to try my luck at getting in to see The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (special guest Josh Duhamel) with no ticket in hand. As you all know, the Easts are pretty lucky, and yes, I did get in. :) However, my luck did come with some costs: I walked around NBC studios to this gated area where people were caged in like zoo animals, and I asked where I could maybe get a ticket. The trick is, I knew exactly where to get a ticket but I was playing my dumb little girl act…it’s one of my many talents! Haha Anyway, just as I expected/hoped, a man said that he had an extra standby ticket on his pass and that I was more than welcome to join! It saved me a mile walk to the office and got me standby #2 instead of #6. He was an elderly man and was with another sweet elderly couple…a paradise party of 3 you would think, right? WRONG!! They were all crazed out on some stuff, and after observing their convos, I think homeless. I felt bad for them until they started causing major trouble with the Tonight Show crew by disobeying their rules and then shouting that I was in their party of 4. I quickly explained that I didn’t have a ticket, had just met these lunatics like 15 minutes ago, and was riding in on their standby pass. Just to let you in on the level of craziness I’m talking about: The elderly Mexican man was wearing a sequined shirt, psychedelic pants, a trench coat, an orange bandana and a fedora. He apparently can balance a glass of water on his head while holding an umbrella and dancing…as he demonstrated for all the Tonight Show guests. I begged the crew not to associate me with this motley crew, and they said they completely understood because these 3 stooges were repeat offenders. Anyway, it was the most miserable 2 hour wait of my life and I would’ve rather given my right arm….buuuuuut, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do to see Josh Duhamel! Lol Friday night was a little more chill as I went to Lot 1 café with my roomie and listened to some amazing live music (the pianist was Colbie Caillat’s pianist)!
Saturday was a little less adventurous, but I worked out at The Sports Club LA – Beverly Hills…didn’t see anyone famous, but I definitely had a great workout!! It was tiiiight in there!  That night I was bored and decided to go walk on Hollywood Blvd and grab a coffee.

I found out that the “Cars 2” premiere had just ended. :(  

In just the 1 week that I’ve been here, I’ve already missed 3 premieres (Mr. Popper’s Penguins, The Green Lantern and Cars 2)!! It will never happen again – scouts honor!!


I may have missed the premiere, but I found a store devoted to Hello Kitty!! New fave? I.think.so.

After soaking up all of the tourist crap in Hwd that I could, I headed over to my new friends Mary and Scott’s place to play some games. It turns out that they live with a woman who won an Emmy for doing the PR for “Heroes.” Carri is so nice and is definitely a hard-working and intelligent woman, and I’m excited to pick her brain in the future. I feel like I have a lot to learn from her, and I can’t wait to listen and soak it all up!  
In recent news, I’m on the church hunt. I explored 2 churches today, and liked different things about both of them, but I still want to press on and find out about other churches in the area. I will definitely re-visit the churches from today, but I could use your prayers for God to lead me to the church He has in store for me this summer.
SO sorry I wrote a novel. In short: tomorrow I’m going to “Chelsea Lately,” then the “Bachelorette” watch party at our apartment, and then off to Upright Citizens Brigade (a comedy show) with the girls to hear Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel. Eventful day tomorrow!
P.S. I recently created a LinkedIn profile so if you would like to connect, just hit me up!

                                     
Pic #3: Horribly written blog, but you made it out alive!! :) lol

Much love to my peeps! ;)
-Lish


No comments:

Post a Comment