Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crazy Busy!!

So sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Since a lot of things has been going on, this blog will be very random (and boring) because I'm just going to let you know what I've been up to without going into a ton of detail. Basically, it'll be like the 10 commandments instead of Paul's 13 letters. haha

First of all, let me throw out that I'm an IDIOT! I deleted all of the comments on the 3 blog posts I've made, and I had absolutely know idea that I did it. I'm still new to Blogger and I thought I was just deleting the notification, not the actual comment. Sorry everyone!!


  • Last Monday I went to the "Chelsea Lately" show with Chelsea Handler and Chuy. The special guest was Tatum O'Neil. It was a lot of fun and production was FAST! Even though I had never seen the show, it was a great experience. After the show, Chuy gave me his autograph! :)



    • 
    • That night, we had our ritual "Bachelorette" watch party with the girls!! As usual, it was a blast!
    • After the watch party some of the girls and I went to the comedy show (as mentioned in the last blog), and if I hadn't been super tired, it probably would have been funnier! I be packin' a Red Bull next time. lol
    • On Wednesday I went to Central Casting with my friend Caitlin! It's an agency where you can sign up to be in their system for free, take a head shot, and then call for possible extra jobs! Why not have a chance to be in a movie and see the behind-the-scenes production side of things for FREE!! I hope I get at least one extra job before I leave. :)
    • That night I went to a screening and panel discussion of "Tree of Life" with my Sky pie! ;) It was mucho fun b/c I love spending time with friends and I love movies! Best of both worlds! ha Plus Brad Pitt was in the movie, so that helped too! ;)
    • Thursday I volunteered to help my roommate on field day with the elementary school she teaches at! I love Playworks! I got to play "See ya later, Alligator" with a ton of kids who gave me hugs, smiles, and a lot of love! Best. Day. Ever!!
    • Again, I have Bible study on Thursday nights which I love! I continue to meet great friends there, and I love being able to worship through song. The messages are a little too deep and intellectual for my brain...lol, but I'm definitely trying to keep up! haha
    • Friday morning I went to the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica to meet up with Zac, a Christian film director, producer and writer. He was extremely encouraging, inspiring and intelligent. He gave me hope and that extra boost I needed for my purpose out here. Thanks Steve for introducing him to me! :) 

      Since I was already at the promenade I decided to shop and go to the Santa Monica Pier!! Whoo! :)
    • Oh but 1 side note I'd like to mention is that I met my first rude person in LA on Friday! ha So after I ordered my caramel frap at Starbucks I stood up against the wall near the pick up counter. I was literally standing 3 feet away from this guy (who was my age, looked super clean cut and nice), and he started to say something to me, and I thought, "Oh great...here it goes again. A guy tries to say something witty and cute to flirt with me and I have to smile and play it off"....BUT, this is what he said: "Ummmm, excuse me, you're kind of in my personal bubble....like in my space." His lips were kind of twitching and stuff like he just came out of the crazy bin! At first I thought it was a joke b/c I was literally standing 3 FREAKING feet away from him! I could understand if I was breathing down his neck, but I wasn't and where did he want me to stand...in the bathroom?...outside?? GEEZ. Anyway, so he continued saying, "I have this like 5 foot rule with people. Could you just take like a step back?" Being the nice person I am, I graciously took a step back and said, "Is this good for you? (kind of sarcastically...lol)" and he said "Take one more." Soooo I did, and then he got his coffee and said "thanks, I just hate Starbucks when they're crowded, and this idea of people......murmur, mumble, murmur as he was walking out the door." Wowwwww....I'd hate to see what he'd act like at a theme park, or on a bus...or if he visited somewhere in Asia. lol  
    • That night I went to eat at Candela's on La Brea with the Bible study group and had a blast! I love my new friends out here...it literally feels like I've known them forever. Weird.
    • Saturday I hiked the Hollywood sign with Matt and Nick! I've always wanted to do that, and I'm so glad I was given the time and ability to do so. :)




    We then went to In-N-Out!! It tasted amazing after we wandered in the desert for 3 hours! ha

    • On Sunday I went to Reality church again! It was a great service on the Book of Ruth. Later that day I drove to Will Rogers State Beach and met up with some of my Bible study friends! I had so much fun walking along the beach, watching some volleyball, and of course, eating ice cream. :)



    My girl, Christina and I started thuggin' out to our boi and Christian rap artist LeCrae! :)
    • Then we all had dinner, and went to Yogurt Land where I got....drum roll.....caramel, cake batter and green apple yogurt with brownie bites, nuts, sprinkles, bananas, strawberries, oreos, and coconut!! Yummmmmm! lol
    • In recent news, I'm starting to watch the 1st season of "The OC!" Yay! haha Also, some of my plans fell through this week, but I know greater things are coming! I can't wait to see what this week holds! Oh and my awesome roomie Annie got me this cool Shaq shirt from his retirement party! Thanks boo! :)
    
    Balllaaaaa, Shot calllaaaaaa! ;)

    Until next time,

    - Alisha

    No comments:

    Post a Comment