Wednesday, June 15, 2011

California Girl!!! 3 days and counting! ;)

The past 3 weeks of my life have been absolutely bizarre. I just got back from a cruise to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas (pics coming soon), and had the best time of my life! I got back last Sunday and left for Los Angeles on Wednesday. I arrived on Friday, but didn’t completely move in and part ways with my dad until Sunday. You would think that I, being the one leaving family, friends and all other comforts, would be the one who was depressed to move into a new, big, scary city where I knew zero people, but it was actually my dad who was overwhelmed. I guess it was hard for him to see his little girl grow up and move on with her life, but it was destined to happen sooner or later. But don’t worry about the pops…he’s all good now. :)  

            So after living in LA for only 3 full days now, I’ve come to the conclusion that I love this city! It might only be for a season – who really knows? – but for the moment, I’m living it up! Here’s the scoop: I’m living in Los Feliz with 2 awesome Christian girls! I seriously couldn’t ask for better roommates. One of my roommates was a PR/Spanish major at OU just like me, and is now working in Marketing for Warner Bros. My other roommate loves kids and sports, and is a sports program coordinator for a school in LA. I know…they sound like me combined, right?!?? God is so good!

            If you know me at all, and the fact that I can’t sit still, you’re probably thinking what have I done with myself for 3 days? Well, I’ve definitely been exploring the area through 3-4 mile jogs/walks every day. We live right next to Griffith Park, so there’s always beautiful scenery to take in on a crisp cool morning. Today I decided to just check out Los Feliz and hit the jackpot! There’s a movie theatre like one street away from our apartment! SCORE! ha

My roommates are super involved in their church and community groups and they have a lot of girls come over on Monday nights for “Bachelor/Bachelorette” watch parties! My roommate has been hosting the watch parties since she was 16! It’s so legit, a story and picture about her watch parties debuted in the New York Times! Plus, I’m always game for meeting new people, and watching the show with hilarious commentators while devouring snacks definitely made for a fun night! I met a lot of new friends and I’m so excited for our future fun. :)  

Tonight I attended a taping of “State of Georgia” with Raven Symone, Majandra Delfino and Loretta Devine, at CBS Studio Center. It was so amazing to see all of the behind-the-scenes action! The entire crew running around completing their tasks, the lights, the cameras, the director yelling action…ahh, I was seriously in Heaven! I could totally see myself on a crew like that in the future…fingers crossed! :) Despite the fact that I was in the studio for a whopping 6 hours, and there was a group of annoying 13 year-old girls constantly running around and being loud (apparently a producer’s daughter and her friends can do whatever they want), my first live taping of a TV show was a success!

So just to clear anyone’s preconceived negative thoughts about LA and its people...every single person I’ve met so far has been so friendly and nice! Yes, most of them have been transplants (aren’t from LA, but moved here), but it still counts! Ha Not to say I haven’t seen some interesting creatures in Hollyweird…oops, I mean Hollywood. I saw a mid 70s man with a long black wig and black lipstick carrying a female mannequin dressed exactly like him into McDonald’s. As if that doesn’t sound strange enough, he then proceeded to talk to her and try to feed her. I tried to act all cool, but I can’t deny that I flinched when I walked by him on the way to refill my drink. All weirdos aside, I’ve met very normal, nice people on my jogs, and I met a girl in a gas station who is now my FB friend. lol I’m pretty sure it just confirms the saying that you have to show yourself friendly to have friends. :) Oh and just a side note - traffic is totally manageable!

I believe that God has some upcoming events for me this summer that are going to be a blast, and I can’t wait to see what He has in store! He has been so good to me, and opened up so many doors for me to be able to pursue my dream. I’m attending a Bible study this Thursday, and checking out the church that my roomies go to on Sunday! I’m so ready to worship and just be in God’s presence with God’s people! I’ve truly appreciated the many prayers…keep ‘em coming! ;)

Now that I’ve babbled on, I’ll sum it up: No need to worry about Lish! I’m doing great thanks to everyone’s love and support. I miss and love you all!

P.S. I only have like 8 ½ weeks of summer left…ugh, I’m running out of time!! I still need to be on a real movie set, learn how to surf and meet Sandra Bullock, and then my summer will be complete! Good thing I’ve already met some friends that can help me with 2 of those things…anyone know Sandy?? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment